This year I decided to rework the balcony layout in part. I have changed it here and there over the last few years and it was getting a little trashy looking – mostly I was trying to keep the dogs out of my garden beds and give them there own but one winter a couple of years ago, it was so harsh all the perenials died – everything! even the durable butterfly bush that had matured beautifully didnt come back. So without the plants growing, the dogs just seeing a pile of dirt thought it was a free for all. So I put up some mini impediments to block my furry friends from digging (Kiki LOVES to dig, Neri not so much.) I didnt have much money at all to invest and luckily, this year tons of plants came back and multiplied and needed to be divided. Yay plants!!!
What I decided to do was cover the plastic panels that line the iron railing. The builder of my building didnt have any sense of style. So to dress up the panels I was inspired to add reed panels. I already had one very large one on one side of the balcony (I ended up taking it down and reframing it and reusing the materials the best way possible) anyway enough blah blah here are some full size spring pix.